Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Knitting Stuff

Thought I'd better report on the knitting I've been doing.

I've finished the Cardigan for Pete, though it needs blocking and the zip sewing in.


And I've been making good progress on the Knit Cafe hoody (which is for me) - this is mainly due to the fact that it is just plain vanilla stocking stitch so it can be knitted while watching TV or reading without too many mishaps.

But I'm beginning to crave something more creative and challenging, so I think there will be some stash-diving at some point this week so that by the time I get to Stitch 'n' Bitch on Saturday (at least I'm hoping to get there, haven't been for weeks), I will have something more interesting to knit on.

I've been buying some fibre too. There's a lovely selection of coloured Corriedale bought from ForestFibres on eBay. The colours are Raspberry, Grape Jelly and Blueberry Pie. Bit of a fruity theme going on there - do you think I was hungry when I ordered them!


And to counteract all that tasteful fruity goodness I also bought this -


It's Merino in subtle shades of bright orange and lime green and there's a little streak of blue there too, blended with nylon, so perfect for some socks. I have more of this blend in Black and it spins up very nicely but it looks crap in photos so you'll have to imagine it. It's from eBay too but from a different source.

I have finished The Fire Baby by Jim Kelly and I loved it. The reporter, Philip Dryden and his sidekick / taxi driver are a wonderful find and I can't wait to read the others.

The book I was supposed to be reviewing for Radio Five this week has failed to show up so I have started Players by Paul McAuley. And that concludes this month's schedule of review books so I can then read something I'd have chosen myself....not sure what yet, but I'll let you know.


No comments: