Monday, November 24, 2008

I Never Thought I'd Say This...

But I think I have too much wool.

The sorting of the stash/bookcases continues and we spent a lot of time on Sunday sorting thought the books and getting some of them shelved by author. This is so I can see what I've got and can then fill the gaps.

The stash has been sorted into plastic crates, the problem being that we bought 10 and so far I have filled 15 of them and I haven't started on the shelving in the dining room yet. That's where most of the spinning / weaving / quilting stuff lives and I've barely scratched the surface with that. Blimey! I'm going to try over the next six months or so to not buy any more wool and to knit from the stash whenever I can.

I broke out of the Christmas knitting frenzy to knit a Moebius scarf yesterday. It was knitted with some yarn from the stash so I feel almost virtuous. It's blocking right now and there would be a picture here but the computer has decided that the cardreader thing doesn't exist so it won't upload the pictures. The printer's not very well either but that's another story.

Any way you'll have to imagine the scarf for now - it's knitted in Wendy Fusion in colourway Juniper Berries - lots of lovely purples and lilacs and pinks. I might make some mittens too. It was lovely to knit and the colours are great. I can't decide if I want to keep the scarf or to make it a belated birthday gift for a colleague.

I found a great online tutorial from Cat Bordhi for the Moebius cast-on here.

I'm loving the BBC's new drama Survivors. It's a remake of the original 1970s programme and I was a bit worried that they might have made an arse of it. I needn't have worried. From the evidence so far (first episode last night but I guess it will be on Iplayer) it's looking pretty good - updated of course but not unrecognisable from the original version by the sadly late, but very great Terry Nation.

No comments: