Thursday, November 08, 2007

Butterfly Week

I'm having one of those weeks where I can't settle to do anything.


I've started at least 3 books and put them down again.

I've started a couple of new knitting projects and put them down again.


I've done a bit of spinning, and a bit of dyeing. Mostly because I want to knit this -


Its the December Lights Tam from Interweave Holiday Knits 2007. However it requires 8 different colours of yarn which could get expensive, especially as you don't seem to need very much of some of them. But I have some lovely bright red merino in the fibre stash, which I've almost finished spinning and I've dyed some bright green this afternoon which I can blend with some other greens from the stash to make up the 4 different greens required. I've got some rose that I dyed earlier in the year and can mix up some magenta. Then I just need a little blue and I'm sorted.

The weather has taken a distinct cold turn here and I am consumed by the need to knit warm mitts and hats. If only I could settle on which ones to knit!


No comments: