Thursday, May 17, 2007

Just a Little Update

I'd like to wow you all with descriptions of the great knitting I've been doing this week, plus tell you all how busy I've been - way too busy to blog. But truth is, neither of those things are true. So here's the not very exciting update on my week.

I have been carrying on with the space invader socks. I still love them. But I had a little trouble with the heel. It's the first time I've done a short row heel and I made a bit of an arse of it. Hopefully the other one will be better. I'm nearly finished the first sock -


Not a very good picture, sorry.

What else have I been doing.

A bit of spinning -


This is some superwash merino that I started to spin at the Derby open day last week. I love the way the colours have blended. I can't decide if I'll make a 2ply or if I should Navaho ply it. Might do a little test plying and see what looks best. I've got about 200g of this so I might manage to knit something other than yet another pair of socks. Not that there's anything wrong with socks. You can never have too many pairs of handspun, handknitted socks, right?

I got the new Summer issue of Interweave Knits in the post this morning, which was a bit of a surprise, as it's only a couple of weeks since I got the last one. There are some lovely patterns in this issue. Including several that I might actually be tempted to knit, instead of just drooling over them, working out how much the yarn would cost, and deciding that maybe I can live without it. But there's a pattern by Norah Gaughan, whose designs I love, called Origami - and I think I might have to knit it. It's just my kind of thing -


See. Lovely. I like to fool myself that when I'm wearing this cardi (though not in that colour), I will look as great as this model. Delusion is a wonderful place.

Anyway I don't care because on Sunday I am going to Wonderwool. Hope you're all jealous! I promise to buy lots of wool take lots of pictures. Mmmmmmmm. Fiiiiiibre.

No comments: