Sunday, March 11, 2007

Normal Service Will Resume...

...as soon as possible, honest!

Sorry for the lack of postings this week. It has been rather hectic here as I will now explain.

Pete was in hospital on Wednesday for some surgery - nothing life threatening, a fairly routine operation. But he is now rather incapacitated in that he is unable to bend or to lift anything heavier than a cup of tea. So I'm having to do a little bit of TLC and running around. He's very fed up and bored and wants to be able to do stuff. I'm just plain knackered. He can't walk the dog, or cook or do any housework or even sit in the chair at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time as it gets painful - so I'm doing rather more work than usual as well as having done 2 days in the shop. Let's hope he gets better quickly!

Hence the lack of posting - I missed reading group and writing group this week as he was just out of hospital and I couldn't leave him on his own - and then I missed spinning on Friday, just because I was too tired after work to summon the energy to go.

Yesterday I went to an auction in Oxfordshire and didn't buy anything. I guess it's just not my week!

I've done a bit of reading though. I've finished The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney. This won the Costa Book of the Year award and quite rightly too. I loved it. I am just amazed that a woman who is agoraphobic (sorry if that's spelt wrong) and who has never been to Canada could write so beautifully about the wilderness - perhaps it is because she agoraphobic etc. Anyway it was a beautiful book and I would highly recommend it.

I'm now reading Scared to Live by Stephen Booth. It's been a while since I read one of his so I'm keen to see what Fry and Cooper are up to.

Tonight on ITV we have the first part of Fallen Angel which is an adaptation of Andrew Taylor's Requiem for an Angel. Otherwise known as The Roth Trilogy. I really loved the books, and am a big fan of Andrew's in general, but this had a rather dodgy report in the Guardian this week so we shall see if it's any good or not.

There has been almost no knitting done this week - the combination of tiredness and a woolly head from sinusitus (again sorry if that's spelt wrong) is not a good mix for successful knitting.

I'm going to veg out in front of the TV and watch Crufts - did you see the Golden Retreiver Display Team on Thursday? Hilarious!

No comments: