Sunday, October 01, 2006

Socktoberfest 2006

Socktoberfest 2006 kicks off today so I'm going to try and finish the socks I've been working on for ages first before I move on to something more interesting.


They are the standard sock pattern that came with the Opal sock yarn kit with a few minor alterations - shorter in the leg and with a heel stitch to tighten them up a bit as I have a narrow heel. They are Opal Elemente in colourway 1077.

I didn't think I was going to like this colour - I bought it from eBay a while ago and it wasn't quite the colour I was expecting, but as it knits up it's growing on me.

This is only the first sock so there's a way to go yet.



In other news, I have abandoned the Peter Tremayne (sorry, it was inevitable really) and done as I suggested I might and moved onto the new John Connolly which is called The Book of Lost Things. I'm really enjoying this so far. It's not a crime novel, more a weird fantasy but I've always like John's books, most of which are mysteries. His detective Charlie 'Bird' Parker is a great character (he's not in this book but I gather he will return in the next one).

I did a review of See Delphi and Die by Lindsay Davis for Karen who runs the wonderful Eurocrime website and the review is now up on the site if you would like to read it. The Falco series is a great favourite of mine and highly recommended. It's a fantastic website with lots of reviews and book news.

2 comments:

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Thank you for your kind words re euro crime :-). I'll be adding your very inspiring blog (I'm queen of garter stitch) to mine when I get a min. Not much pc time at the moment until the weekend...

Anonymous said...

Totally with you on Eurocrime, it is a great blog/site.

I came here via CrimeFicreader, by the way, so hello!
(I also found eurocrime via the same source).

All best
Maxine (at Petrona)
http://petrona.typepad.com

PS do you know that the settings on your blog only allow people to comment if they have google blogger accounts? You can change it over to "anyone" in your settings menu -- if you also set it to "spam verification" I don't think you'll have a problem with spam - I haven't, anyway.