Saturday, October 07, 2006

New books to read.

The books for this month's reading group (subject - Sherlock Holmes) are Locked Rooms by Laurie R King and The Italian Secretary by Caleb Carr. (links to Waterstones website for easiness, but you should support your local bookstore if you can)

I've not read any Caleb Carr, though I did once try The Alienist, but got distracted and didn't get far with it. I've read some Laurie R King and like her Kate Martinelli series, but I've not read any of the Holmes & Mary Russell series before. They should both be interesting.

The sock knitting has been on hiatus for the last couple of days as the Evilpixie wanted a long red scarf. Just a plain garter stitch scarf with a fringe on the ends. Not very interesting to knit, no interesting design features - just miles and miles of garter stitch. I used some Jaeger red wool that I bought on a car boot sale a few weeks ago. I'm nearly finished but it's so dull that there probably won't be photos!

I finally managed to get to the Birmingham Stitch 'n' Bitch meeting today for the first time. Lovely knitters, nice people, great knitting. I shall definitely try and make it again when work / time allows. There's going to be a new meeting at Perry Common Library next week on Saturday afternoon which is a more convenient time for me, and not so far to go (also avoids having to go into the centre of Birmingham which is always hell on a Saturday).


Sorry there are no interesting photos today so here's a gratuitous pic of Bubba doing what he does best.

No comments: