Sunday, September 30, 2007

End of the Month

Last day of the month so it's a quick catch up post before I go to work.

Finished Object Alert!!!!!



Hand-dyed, hand-spun, handknitted socks. I love these, just what you need to keep your feet warm and your heart bright on a cold wintery day.


And the final installment of books from my shelf - orange books -


From the bottom they are -



Every Dead Thing by John Connolly (my treasured signed first edition of his first book)



Ode to a Banker by Lindsey Davis (possibly not my favourite of the Falco books but still good)



Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich (silly but great if you're in the mood for something light)



Money to Burn by Katy Munger (another funny one but darker than Evanovich if I recall correctly)



Everybody Dies by Lawrence Block (my favourite of all the Matt Scudder books)



The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark (just wonderful)



And my much battered, much faded Jane Austen's in the Penguin English Library edition. I've had these since I first had to read Miss Austen at school for English Lit and I've re-read them many times since. Persuasion is my favourite though and for some reason it wasn't on the shelf with the others.



Next post - writing a novel in thirty days!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore rainbows, and so love the socks. I'm all colours of envy ;-)

Hope all goes well with the 30-day novel, I sure admire you.
(by the way, your "tag" instructions below your commnting box are in German, though the rest of the instructions are in English!)