Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bursting With Maternal Pride

On Thursday I accompanied the Evilpixie to her College presentation ceremony where they presented her with this -

The tutors for each course at the college select the Student of the Year for that course - and they chose the Evilpixie for perfect attendance, excellence in her work and always being willing to help everyone. I was all overcome with maternal pride. When I think how much she hated school, how we had to bribe, cajole and drag her to get there every day, how badly she performed in all her school exams.... I wish we could have got her started at college when she was younger. I guess some kids are just not cut out for school yet thrive in the college environment.

On Wednesday Maggi and I went on a little stash enhancement expedition to Knit2together near Newcastle-under-Lyme. We were very good and didn't run amok. I hadn't been there since they moved into their second shop, just up the street from the original shop. Now, they have all their standard yarns - the Jaeger, Wendy, Sirdar etc in that shop, and in the new shop thay have all the Colinette, Noro, Hanne Falkenberg etc. It's like designer yarn heaven! I bought just the one ball of Colinette Prism in Popsicle which I will knit some mittens out of. It's lovely stuff -

I also bought some Wendy 5-ply Guernsey, some of which is to make the Mamluke socks in the Folk Socks book by Nancy Bush. And some of which is for my long planned Guernsey socks which I said last year I was going to design. I have a swatch done, in standard sock wool, of the stitch pattern I'm going to use, but I was having trouble tracking down the Guernsey wool. And I was lucky as when we went to Knit2together they said it had only just come in that morning. How's that for timing? Maggi may have bought some stuff too. I couldn't possibly comment.

I am still ploughing on with the three books I am currently reading / listening to. I've discovered that I can spin while listening to audio though, so I shall definitely get more of these.

This is my 100th post on this blog. I'm astounded. I wasn't sure when I started how I would manage to come up with enough things to say to keep the blog going. I thought I'd just try it for a while and see. But it's been great fun and I'm looking forward to the next 100 posts. Thank you for all your comments and emails. It's nice to know there's someone out there reading my inane drivel. I'll do my best to keep you entertained.

No comments: