Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A Meme about Me

I've seen this meme on other blogs and thought it was quite interesting. I don't often reveal stuff about myself on the blog, so here's a little insight...

What was I doing 10 years ago?

Living in Bicester in Oxfordshire, working in customer service for a scientific publisher. Working full-time, with a thirty mile commute and an seven year old daughter. It's a wonder I ever found time to catch my breath. I was not knitting at this stage in my life.

5 Things on my to-do list for today?

Plant up the tomato plants into their hanging baskets, then sow more lettuce seeds.

Descale the coffee machine. We have a wonderful Gaggia Baby, bought for £50 on eBay, and far better than the mucho-expensive super-dooper bean-to-cup machine it replaced, which always had something going wrong with it.

Research about keeping chickens in the garden. This is our new project, though we probably won't actually get the chooks until next spring. Just checking out the best places to get all the kit from, not to mention what kind of birds to get. Can't wait!

Go to my spinning class. Nearly finished my year of evening classes now and I've learned a lot, but mostly I think it's just given me the confidence that what I was doing was along the right lines and I've grown and added to the skills I already had. Tonight I will go and play with the drum carder. I have some superwash merino to blend, ready to spin and knit into, you've guessed it...socks.

Snacks I enjoy..

I love Ready Salted crisps, and Green and Blacks chocolate (though not at the same time).

Things I would do if I was a billionaire..

Live by the sea, most likely in Florida

Have a big ramshackle house full of dogs and wool

Run my own business - a book shop, or a wool shop or a coffee shop (or some combination of all three)

Places I have lived..

We moved around a bit when I was a child - Brechin, Saltcoats, Perth, Newburgh. Then I went to college in Aberdeen. Work has taken me around a bit too - Liverpool, Nottingham, Amsterdam, Oxford. And now I'm here in the Independent Republic of the Black Country.

Jobs I have had..

Bank teller, computer operator, office manager for a laundry, customer services for a publisher, second-hand bookdealer, bookseller



I'm not tagging anyone with this meme but leaving it up to you if you want to use it.

No comments: