Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I am Rubbish....

...at all this rushing around being organised stuff.

I don't seem to have had any time at all for the last week. I did manage to get to Stitch 'n' Bitch on Saturday, which was the first time in ages and for once I had taken some mindless knitting instead of starting some thing new and complex that I was going to screw up because I was talking and not paying attention. (See, I can learn new things.)

What I took to SnB was this -


Trust me, this is the Hot Lava Cardigan. It looks like a couple of sleeves with a gaping maw in the middle. When this is finished I will either totally love it...or it will be the most unflattering jumper ever knitted in the history of knitkind. I rather suspect that the sleeves are going to reach to my knees and I am somewhat worried about ever washing it as I think that may only encourage the sleeves to reach for the ground even more. I shall persevere for the moment.


Also I have been knitting the Log Cabin throw -

This is more pleasing to the eye and has the added advantage that it cannot possibly be too long in any dimension. Currently however it could only be thrown over a postage stamp. You will note that nothing more complicated than garter stitch or stocking stitch has been attempted this week. (Wow, two things learned in one week - excuse me while I go and lie down for a bit.)

Very little reading has been done this week. I finished Letters from a Lost Generation (it did indeed make me cry) and started The Moon Tunnel by Jim Kelly. I am liking The Moon Tunnel greatly. Philip Dryden and his taxi-driving sidekick are wonderful. I have totally failed to read the books I am supposed to be reading for Book Group this month but, hey, I've still got a week.

No comments: