Thursday, April 02, 2009

Astonishing Splashes of Colour

I've been having a crafty week and I've been busy with the dyepots.


Most of the fibre is still damp - too damp to plait and photograph, but I also dyed some commercial yarn - some Aran weight stuff I had lurking in the stash.


The colours are a little washed out in this photo - they're much more vibrant in real life. I'm very happy with the colours - I'm calling this The Way Through the Woods. There are two identical 50g skeins here and I also have a couple more skeins using the same colours but a bit more of the green - there's more yarn in the skeins too - photos and weights etc when it's dry. I think they will be thick wintery socks.


Please note that I have actually tried to get some decent photographs today - instead of just throwing the yarn/knitting/book on the nearest worksurface and snapping away, today I have actually got the light-tent out and tried to get a decent shot with no clutter/mess/drying underwear in the background. I did vow to myself (though possibly not on the blog) that I would try and improve the standard of my pictures on the blog this year, something I have utterly failed at so far. Given that I have an excellent camera, a light-tent and some pretty good software I really ought to take better photos than I do.


While I'm on the subject of colour here is the next Simple Yet Effective shawl, started last week and progressing nicely -

I know it doesn't look much but the colours are fairly accurate in this photo and you really can't see the shawlyness until it's finished.


I decided a couple of weeks ago that my wardrobe was in dire straits and desperately needed an input of a few new things. One of them will be an incarnation of this -


It looks like the type of garment that will cover a multitude of occasions and could be dressed up with linen trousers or dressed down with jeans. Now I just need to decide on a fabric!

1 comment:

Leigh Russell said...

Help needed!
Due to a glitch in amazon.uk’s system, I believe I’ve written the only crime thriller in the UK that doesn’t appear on amazon.co.uk. My publisher’s many other titles are listed, and my book can be ordered from all other uk online suppliers, as well as amazon.com. Amazon.uk refuse to acknowledge their technical error.
I’m an insignificant individual, powerless to influence this huge corporation, but their indifference has incensed me. I’m attempting to battle amazon.uk’s virtual monopoly of the UK online book market by asking readers to order my inexpensive paperback through other online suppliers.
If you would be kind enough to consider supporting my campaign against a faceless corporation, please check out my blog for details of Cut Short by Leigh Russell.